APU Life is a Superfood mix of Cacao, Quinoa, Amaranth, Kañiwa and Mesquite.
APU Power is a Superfood mix of Maca, Quinoa, Amaranth, Kañiwa and Mesquite.
Peruvian Maca, Quinoa, Kiwicha (Amaranth), Kaniwa and Mesquite flours. Nothing added, nothing taken away,
Incan warriors used superfoods as we know them for endurance, stamina, health and fertility
- ApuPower can boost the body’s immunity and sooth sensitive stomachs
- ApuPower contains a complete vegan protein
- ApuPower will keep you doing what you love for longer
- 25 Servings 250g
Maca powder benefits
So, what exactly are the benefits of Maca powder? There are many…
Rich in vitamins and minerals
Maca root is a good source of carbs and fiber and is low in fat. It’s also rich in vitamin C, copper, iron, as well as potassium, vitamin B6 and manganese. These vitamins and minerals are essential for sustaining overall health.
Research shows that after at least six weeks of Maca ingestion, sexual desire is increased in both men and women. So if you’re looking to improve your love life, this natural aphrodisiac might just be the hit you need!
Help with infertility
Related to the libido-boosting qualities of Maca, this supplement can also increase men’s fertility by improving both the quality and quantity of semen.
May help relieve menopause symptoms
This Peruvian plant has been shown to aid hormonal regulation, which in turn can alleviate hormone-related menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes, vaginal dryness and sleep problems.
A natural mood-booster
Compounds called flavonoids contained in Maca are associated with reduced signs of anxiety and depression. Maca powder helps balance cortisol levels (a high-stress hormone), leaving you feeling de-stressed and happier.
Maca has been lovingly accepted into the athlete and bodybuilder community because of its energy and stamina-boosting qualities. Regular use of this supplement can, therefore, leave you feeling more energized and improve exercise performance.
Improved brain function
For centuries, Peruvian natives have been using Maca to improve children’s school performance. This tradition is now supported by modern research, linking this plant to improved cognitive function and memory.
Possible side-effects of Maca powder
Although Maca is generally considered safe to consume, there are a few conditions in which it’s to be used more cautiously:
Maca contains substances called goitrogens, which may interfere with the normal function of the thyroid glands. If you are already experiencing impaired thyroid function, make sure to discuss the use of Maca with your doctor to avoid any risk of adverse effects.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
There is currently a shortage of information on Maca safety for pregnant and breastfeeding women, so if you are a (soon-to-be) mama, make sure to have a chat with your doctor before using this supplement.
How to use Maca powder?
Maca powder has a slightly sweet and nutty flavor which most people find enjoyable to eat. While it’s not something you’ll want to eat straight out-of-the-box by the spoonful (and it’s not recommended to do so anyway), sprinkling it on top of some oatmeal, fruit, salads, or adding it to a smoothie will give your body a boost without upsetting the taste buds!
The perfect Yummy Smoothie
APU Life improves your Energy, improves your Vitality and gives you Nourishment.
APU Life Superfoods is a nutrient dense superfood mix of Cacao, Quinoa, Amaranth (Kiwicha), Kañiwa and Mesquite (Algarroba) sourced directly from small producers in Peru and blended using age-old family recipes.
This Superfood Mix is complete protein containing good fats and complex carbohydrates (the satisfying and health promoting kind). High in fibre, Magnesium and Vit C, containing Vit. A, B, and E, phytonutrients and trace minerals.
Give your body an imprint of optimal health and do what you love for longer.
- The Incas considered cacao the drink of the gods, giving them focus, energy and combating fatigue (with its high levels of Magnesium).
- Can reduce the stress hormone cortisol, improve metabolism and improve gut microbial activity.
- Contains high levels of Flavanols - an anti-inflammatory antioxidant that may protect against cardiovascular disease, reduce the risk of stroke, and help improve blood circulation – also thinning the blood.
- Contains the mood improver anandamide – known as the bliss molecule, which creates a feeling of euphoria.
- Also contains mood-enhancing compound PEA or phenethylamine, which triggers the release of endorphins and pleasurable neurochemicals.
- Can protect our cells from premature oxidation / premature ageing.
- Has MAO Inhibitors that controls appetite.
APU LIFE BENEFITSQuinoa
- Not an actual grain it is especially nutrient rich and is one of the most protein rich foods we can eat, containing all the essential amino acids the body needs for tissues growth and repair.
- It has the properties of a high-energy food and the attributes of a healthy diet packed with nutrients.
- It contains the “good” fats and complex carbohydrates (the satisfying and health promoting kind).
- Contains high levels of trace minerals and antioxidant anti-inflammatory phytonutrients.
- It is an excellent source of manganese, a very good source of magnesium, and a good source of folate, health supportive fats and antioxidant, anti-inflammatory phytonutrients.
- Indian cultures have used this small grain medicinally for centuries.
- It has a high protein content and is high in the essential amino-acids lysine (aids in development of brain cells) and methionine (used in metabolism of insulin) and traditionally known to provide basic nutrition for neurons in the brain and the central nervous system.
- Contains the essential fatty acids Omega 3, Omega 6, and Omega 9.
- It helps to reinforce the immune system and provides high-quality dietary fiber, vitamins A, C, E and B complex and minerals, which include calcium, iron and zinc and squalene, an oil which is excellent for the skin.
- Traditionally used as a tonic, to regulate menstruation, overcome pre-menstrural tension and stress, to decreases yeast overgrowth and benefits congested lungs.
- A seed from the same family as quinoa (so its not a grain).
- The Inca kept all the Kañiwa for his family and proclaimed it a royal food.
- Traditionally used to treat anemia and resist parasitic infections.
- Known to be supercharged with B Vitamins, iron, fiber, protein, omega-3 fatty acids and a wide range of minerals, including calcium, iron and phosphorus and anti-oxidant flavonoids.
- Used as a staple food for centuries by desert dwellers, this high protein flour contains good quantities of calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron and zinc, and is rich in the amino acid lysine.
- Traditionally known for helping to control blood pressure due to its low sodium and high potassium levels.
- Contains complex carbohydrates (the good ones) and high levels of soluble fiber that digests slowly and balances blood sugar levels.
- Can soothe the stomach and helps with stomach ailments.
- It is fortifying and revitalizing, and creates a protective coating over inflamed mucus membranes providing protection against irritants and toxin absorption.