Chaga mushroom is known for the following health benefits:
- Adaptogen; reduces the symptoms of stress, fatigue & anxiety
- Antioxidant, anti-ageing properties
- Antimicrobial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory
- Protects the cells against oxidative stress & damage
- Helps to inhibit oxidation & produce interferons, which act to repair damaged DNA
- Boosts the immune system
- Combats the growth of cancer cells
- A rich source of betulinic acid or botulin, which inhibits the growth of tumours
- Helps to ease stomach problems like gastritis & ulcers; anti-inflammatory properties
- Protects the liver & prevents the accumulation of Candida toxins
- Stimulate metabolism in brain tissues; a potent brain & memory tonic
- Helps to combat kidney stones & gallstones
Did You Know? Superoxide Dismutase (SOD) is an enzyme that breaks down free radicals and acts as a powerful cellular antioxidant. Chaga mushroom contains an amazing 25-50 times more SOD than other popular sources of the enzyme, including Reishi mushrooms, barley grass, seaweed or fish oils!
Other nutrients found in Chaga include: Calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, amino acids, manganese, iron dietary fibre and B vitamins – it’s a real nutritional powerhouse!
Recipe for Chaga Tea:
- Simply add 1-2tsp Chaga powder to hot water and steep, until you have a rich, dark brew.
- Add honey or maple syrup to sweeten, sip and enjoy!
Recipe for Chaga Chai Latte:
- Bring your Chaga to a simmer on the stove; add 1 cinnamon stick, a few cloves, a few black peppercorns, a few green cardamom pods, 1 slice of ginger.
- Simmer for 5 minutes. Add ½ cup of almond milk and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add maple syrup or honey to taste.
- Strain into a mug. Sprinkle with cinnamon, sip and enjoy.
Ingredients: 100% organic chaga powder